Designed for vehicles with reversing sensors, these sockets feature an in-built reed switch that deactivates the sensors while a trailer is connected. This prevents constant beeping from the sensors that detect the close proximity of the trailer. The reed switch disconnects the reverse sensor once the socket lid is opened for plug connection.
- For use on vehicles with reversing sensors The reedswitch deactivates the reverse sensor while the trailer is connected. Suits all vehicles with normally closed circuits including Holden, Hyundai and After Market parking aids.
- Input Voltage Range: 7 pole amp rating per pole 15A at 12V / 5 pole amp rating per pole 35A at 12V
- ADR: 42/04
82073 Accepts 7 and 12 pin flat trailer plugs
1. Wire all pins as shown in the diagram
2. Use a small length of cable to bridge earth (pin 3) and ‘Reed Switch Input’
3. Link the earth cable from the vehicle’s reversing sensor to the remaining ‘Reed Switch Input’
4. When the trailer socket lid is opened, the connection will be broken across the reed switch and the reversing sensor will be disconnected